Friday, April 4, 2008

A Hater Profile: Global Climate Scam Dotcom


Was driving up 35E after a proper session in Mendota Heights, when I spied the billboard above. All I could do was look and point, my friend didn't even notice what I was doing, because he was looking at the same exact thing. WHOA. It's so ridiculous, in, almost, a rad way. Take some stock photo and just get awesome with it, I suppose. I made a point of peeping out the website once I got home, so, here it is, Global Climate Scam.

I'm not going to pretend that I read and re-read and am really ever going to read the whole site. From what I saw, in a departure from the alarmist billboard, the website is at least intelligently written, and it seems to be sourced. The author seems to be approaching this from the at least slightly more compelling Libertarian standpoint that somehow climate change legislation and whatnot will somehow upend our rights, as opposed to some Dick Cheney-ass evil-ass point of view (I of course am trying to do this all fair and balanced, but Dick Cheney is an evil-ass-motherfucker).

Anyways, I'm not one to take Al Gore's documentary hook line and sinker, just like I'm not going to assume that Michael Moore isn't coming from somewhere with an agenda. And the same thing holds true here. Somewhere, once the professional veneer of the blog is peeled away, there's an agenda, and even if this dude is mostly correct, which he, in my opinion, is not, it doesn't matter. The fact that the dude has billboards in the Twincities (it seems to be a local site) and the fact that he does get into a little bit of condesention (take the quiz and see what I mean) makes him another voice in this non-debate that is of no use to me.

No comments: