Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Another Non-Hate: Corey Brewer


I"m watching the Timberwolves' final game of the season, and our #7 draft pick, Corey Brewer, has had a rough fourth quarter. Shoot, the Wolves had a hell of a tough year, and this final game just encapsulates it. Here's what I'm talking about:

-Brewer grabs a steal, goes on the fast break, goes for a one handed dunk (and he's so skinny and just rad looking that I love it) jumps too early, and basically gets the ball stuck on the front of the rim. He gets his own rebound, only to put it up two more times under the basket, and doesn't convert.

-Minutes later, Brewer flashes up the baseline towards the basket, catches the pass and goes up for another dunk, when his face is just wrapped up. He misses the basket, and then to add insult to injury, he lost his contact during the foul. He struggles on court to get it back in his eye, only to have to finally go to the side to get some solution to put it back in.

Brewer just came up in one of the ways that I love him for; possibly the final possession of the season, Milwaukee has a chance at the final points of the game to go two up on a tie, and Brewer stole the inbound pass. Proper.

Basically, Brew-dawg is my boy. I've told him that I want him to be on a strict diet of protein shakes and burritos over the off-season, and to pump some serious iron. That is that.

2 comments:

Extreme Ash said...

I've offered to buy Brew-Dawg a burrito many a time. Hoping he accepts soon.

Extreme Ash said...

I've offered to buy Brew-Dawg a burrito many a time. Hoping he accepts soon.