Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I heart my bicycle...SAVBAG

So these dudes are pretty much one of the elements of the world that just confuse me. Do they really think I believe them when they say they don't recall their personal earnings in 2007? Can they honestly stand before Congress, sworn in, and claim that they have no good explanation for sky-rocketing fuel prices? And that the simple fact that their company's profits have increased at ridiculous rates over the past five years?

These dudes are a-holes. Not because they're rich, not because they run oil companies, not because they aren't investing in reusable fuels - but because they are willing to stand up there and lie about something so obvious. Just say it! "We made a shit ton of money last year, and guess why? It's because we own something people want and need."

My hate is two-fold. These dudes are obvious. But I'd also like to hate/criticize on everyone who contributes to this problem (self included) and then just bitches. All of the miles driven by American's in their cars, trucks, SUVs, etc are absurd. The simple idea of carpooling, busing, walking, or riding a bicycle is so foreign to most Americans it's actually unbelievable. Do I think these options are best in all situations? No, of course not. But do I know, without a doubt in my mind, that I've made many a useless trip in my car when I could have walked, biked, bused, or called a friend who was going to the same spot and driven together? I'm just saying. SAVBAG is taking over. (Saint Anthony Village Bike Association Gang). Ride it.

1 comment:

EverythingEverything23 said...

If you haven't already, read the Dune series by Frank Herbert. Spice=Oil. In the books, spice propels humanity to the farthest reaches of space. Eventually, it runs out. After years of bloody turmoil, humanity restructures itself, scales back its ambitions and learns to live without spice. Net summation: The reckoning is coming with fossil fuels. We are going to suffer. If we're lucky we might survive it.