Friday, February 8, 2008

My Hating Mission Statement

On a sunny summers day a couple of years ago I was unanimously elected the president of the Hater Party Crew (a position I was not even running for). There were five of us at the time whom all found a commonality in "Hating". Our group now consists of only three member all of whom are highly commited to the act of "hating". These days so called "haters" are a dime a dozen. There are so many "haters" in the world that there are actually people who hate on "haters". There are even people in this world who hate on people who hate on "haters". I believe that the height of democracy is the ability to be critical of the world around you. I am commited to hating in a mentally stimulating way. For me "hating" is not about idle judgement it is about thinking critically. It means attempting to see everything for what it is (and sometimes, more importantly, for what it is not). I will even go out on a limb and say that to hate is in actuality to love. When I love something/someone I hold it/him/her to a higher standard. So, in my eyes, to be hated on is to be loved (sort of). So when I hate it is because I expect more from the world than what I am seeing. In an ideal world everyone would be a "hater" because that would mean that no one was blindly following the status quo.

I will conclude with these famous words by W.C.Fields
"I am free of prejudice. I hate everyone equally"

1 comment:

Extreme Ash said...

Here here. There is no doubt in my mind we elected the proper leader. HPC for life.