Monday, July 21, 2008

Thank you. I was hoping somebody was going to say something.

I need to say "Thank You" to Brooke Hogan. Thanks to her fucking stupid ass mouth the women's suffrage movement has been pushed back another twenty years. Please read below to find out what I'm talking about...

"You know what? I am actually not that much into voting. I think it’s kinda crazy that a woman is running, because I think that women deal with a lot of emotions and menopause and PMS and stuff. Like, I’m so moody all the time, I know I couldn’t be able to run a country, ‘cause I’d be crying one day and yelling at people the next day, ya know?"
- Brooke Hogan

Now I'll be honest, I found this quote on PerezHilton.com which doesn't make me proud. But I am happy that I found it. I like to know what I'm working against...and she is definitely one of the things that I'm working against in this world. It actually pains me that a woman in this day and age would say such a thing. I'm not so oblivious to believe that celebrities have any kind of clout with most of the world (or maybe they do and I just choose not to associate with those types of people) but I do think they should have some sense of social responsibility. If they can't say something worthwhile they should just be muzzled.

3 comments:

platinumseagulls said...

Ummm...Who the hell is Brooke Hogan? Hulk's sister? Does she rip her shirt off too? I mean, a good barometer for how influencial someone is is whether or not I know about them...or not. You forgot the whateverz tag on this one.

EverythingEverything23 said...

But she's right, isn't she?

typoscura said...

HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU A CELEBRITY...WHICH WOULD IMPLY SOME SORT OF FINANCIAL STATUS AND NOT BE ABLE TO AFFORD A PROPER PAIR OF PANTS?


this is why the internet makes me crazy-pissed.