Friday, July 18, 2008

Parent Hate

Not only am I sick of looking at a gigantic "Lobster" picture but I also have a legitimate, life shattering hate sesh built up inside of me. I have always felt that I do not have a right to judge parents of "out of control" children due to the simple fact that I myself am not a parent. That was until last Monday. I had a brief yet life shattering encounter with a Satan spawn that changed how I view parenting forever. As most of you may (of may not) know I am a waitress. Waitressing in and of itself involves frequently being in uncomfortable, humbling, awkward, and humiliating situations. This one takes the cake. Is the big Kahuna. Relentlessly goes for the gold.

Monday night I was waiting on a table that consisted of two adults and one child of about three or four. Mid dinner I stopped by to check in and see how their apps were treating them only to be mercilessly pelted in the eye by a large sopping wet spitball napkin wad. To add insult to injury the parents did absolutely nothing with exception to saying the child's name loudly (when did hearing your name loud become punishment?). No apology. Not even a 20% tip. I was so enraged and humiliated that I made my boss finish up the table. Later on in the evening as the family was finishing up the child threw more stuff at me as I was quickly passing by with my head down in shame. Again, his name said loudly was the only punishment. I literally had to go to the bathroom to pick chunks of napkin out of my eye and the only punishment he received was his name said loudly. To top it all off the woman is pregnant (with presumably another spawn of Satan). Why do these people procreate? If you can't control your kid in public don't take it out in public. If you don't want to be a disciplinarian don't become a parent.

I do not choose to be a waitress because I want to baby sit. If you are going to exist in a public place be respectful of the life around you.

1 comment:

Extreme Ash said...

I came in yesterday expecting to be served by my number one waitress...and I would not have spitballed you...at least not in public. but alas, it wasn't meant to be...